Artist Residency Program
The purpose of Interplay Space's Artist Residency Program:
Collaborate with an individual or company who has commercial space suitable for private studios that can be offered to concept-driven artists who help create a vibrant, interactive and supportive environment. Studio space is offered to applicants that best demonstrate a commitment to their practice, to experimentation and innovation in their work, to seek artistic and professional development, and to be a part of and contributing to a dynamic community of artists and creative thinkers.
During Interplay Space's current pop-up model, we don't have a home base. However, this gives us the flexibility to find one or more available commercial spaces where we could collaborate with the owner or tenant to offer private studios to concept-driven artists at an artist-affordable rate.
And we're always on the look-out. Therefore, complete the form below if you are a person/company, or learn of a person/company, who would like to have artist studios in their commercial space or property on a short- or long-term basis. Interplay Space will vet the artists, and manage the whole process.
If you're an artist who would like an application to possibly join our waiting list and be notified when studio space becomes available, please complete the form below also.
- Support individuals whose work will impact the larger cultural landscape
- Experimentation and collaboration
- Integration into a dynamic, interactive and supportive environment in order to make the creative process flourish
- Opportunities for engagement/cross-cultural exchange with local artists and audiences
- Concept-driven artists with a deep commitment to their practice and to advancing the mission of Interplay Space.
- Artists must be over 18 years of age.
- Artists working in most mediums will be considered. Artists working with toxic materials, hazardous machinery, etc. may not be considered due to limitations within the building.
- Artists must be ready to enjoy working in an open studio setting where the public is able to interact with the artist during public hours.
- Artistic merit of past and current work.
- Readiness to engage with and benefit from creating at Interplay Space.
- Potential to further develop an innovative creative practice and impact the community.
- The Board of Directors of Interplay Space reviews applications to ensure completion and eligibility. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Submissions may be reviewed by art professionals in the community.
- The Board of Directors evaluates each artist’s application and selects finalists.
- Finalists may be invited for an in-person or Skype interview to determine final selections.
- Varies depending on space available