Pop-Up Studio Program
The purpose of Interplay Space's Pop-Up Studio Program:
Collaborate with an individual or company who has commercial space suitable for private studios that can be offered to concept-driven artists on a temporary basis who will help create a vibrant, interactive and supportive environment.
And we're always on the look-out for partners. Therefore, complete the form below if you are a person/company, or learn of a person/company, who would like to have pop-up studios in their commercial space or property on a short- or long-term basis. Interplay Space will vet the artists, and manage the whole process.
Studio space is offered to artists that best demonstrate a commitment to their practice, to experimentation and innovation in their work, to seek artistic and professional development, and to be a part of and contributing to a dynamic community of artists and creative thinkers.
If you're an artist who would like to join our waiting list and be notified when pop-up studio space becomes available, please complete this APPLICATION.
- Support individuals whose work will impact the larger cultural landscape
- Experimentation and collaboration
- Integration into a dynamic, interactive and supportive environment in order to make the creative process flourish
- Opportunities for engagement/cross-cultural exchange with local artists and audiences
- Concept-driven artists with a deep commitment to their practice and to advancing the mission of Interplay Space.
- Artists must be over 18 years of age.
- Artists working in most mediums will be considered. Artists working with toxic materials, hazardous machinery, etc. may not be considered due to limitations within the building.
- Artists must be ready to enjoy working in an open studio setting where the public is able to interact with the artist during public hours.
- Artists must pass a Level 1 Criminal History Record Check by FDLE.
- Artistic merit of past and current work.
- Readiness to engage with and benefit from creating at Interplay Space.
- Potential to further develop an innovative creative practice and impact the community.
- The Board of Directors of Interplay Space reviews applications to ensure completion and eligibility. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Submissions may be reviewed by art professionals in the community.
- The Board of Directors evaluates each artist’s application and selects finalists.
- Finalists may be invited for an in-person or Skype interview to determine final selections.
- Varies depending on space available